Getaway to Marmora Cottage
About the Marmora Cottage
- Located @ 146 Gemm Lane, Marmora and Lake
- Bookings are available from May 15th to October 15th
- There is no WiFi at the cottage
3 bedrooms, one with a queen bed, one with 2 double beds and one with a bunk bed (bottom bunk double & top bunk single). There are duvets & pillows on the beds, but you will need your own sheets.
COST: $100.00 (weekly rate)
Close to the time of your stay, please send an EMT (electronic money transfer or e-transfer) for $100 to Cindy Gibson to cover cleaning costs. If you prefer paying by cheque, Cindy will provide her mailing address.
For general information & booking inquires, please contact Cindy Gibson.
- Check IN @ Noon on Monday
- Check OUT @ Noon on Sunday
- There is no Wi-Fi access at Marmora Cottage, but Marmora Tim Horton’s has free WiFi if needed. Cell phone reception is not great at the cottage, but there are pockets of reception where most people are able to pick up a signal.
*Please maintain these times and schedule accordingly to allow for the cottage to be set up for the next family *
While You’re There:
It is a very peaceful, quiet get-away and is situated in a very wooded area on a lake. Feel free to bring a boat. Fishing is good. The water is nice for swimming off the dock (not a beach). You can enjoy reading, games, relaxing and doing nothing (for a change). Some enjoy hiking, kayaking and exploring. Marmora is close by for groceries & laundry. There is also Square Boy Pizza next to the Ultramar if you want Pizza Night.
- Close windows
- Vacuum floors (bedroom closet)
- Clean kitchen
- Clean bathroom
- Put furniture back in place
- Remove all garbage on departure.
- Report any damages / broken dishes (either leave a note behind or send an email to Cindy)
- Replenish toilet paper, Kleenex & cleaning supplies
- Exchange propane tank
What to Bring:
Thankfully, the cottage in which you will be staying throughout the duration of your getaway comes equipped for all your camping needs – dishes, fridge, stove, beds, microwave, Kuerig machine, etc. Do make sure you bring:
- Food: Please bring your own food and bottled water. Do not drink the water from the tap. If you run out of food, no worries, Marmora is close by. PLEASE NOTE: Please refrain from cooking overly greasy foods as the smell can be hard to eliminate.
- Bedding: There are duvets and pillows on the beds but you will need to bring sheets, pillow cases and some extra blankets.
- Other: Please bring tea towels, dish soap, wash clothes, towels, bath soap, toilet paper, paper towels, garbage bags, bug spray etc.
*PLEASE DO NOT bring any pets with you and leave the cottage the same way you found it*