the free methodist church in canada
What We Believe
The Free Methodist Church is a movement of Christian congregations all across Canada that are committed to sharing the good news of faith in Jesus Christ and encouraging believers into a life of ongoing transformation that impacts our families, our communities and our nation.
We are committed to the authority of the Bible and to the life of the Spirit. We seek to allow God to shape our whole lives – attitudes, thoughts and relationships. Free Methodists seek to help people find new life in Christ and to live lives of loving integrity.
We are committed to the biblical principle that all believers are participants in God’s purposes. Our churches are eager to help people discover how they can know God and serve others in meaningful ways and so bring about transformation in our world.
Free Methodist Church roots are deeply embedded in the spiritual awakening of 18th century England which gave rise to the Methodist movement. Today, the Free Methodist Church ministers in 70 countries around the world. In Canada, over 150 churches are located as far west as Vancouver and as far east as Sherbrooke, Quebec City, Quebec
It is the vision of The Free Methodist Church in Canada to see a healthy church within the reach of all people in Canada and beyond.
Following God’s activity in our “Jerusalems, Judeas, Samarias and beyond,” The Free Methodist Church in Canada (FMCIC) will….
- Find ways to engage unreached people and unreached communities with the gospel
- Mature congregations through developing healthy pastoral and lay leaders
- Commission prepared people to purposeful service
- Interpret life theologically through intentional reflection
- Invest human and financial resources strategically
- Communicate and celebrate through listening to and inspiring one another.