- November 3-5, 2023
- Holt FMC, Mount Albert, Ontario.
- Instructor: Rev. Dr. Matthew McEwen
(*locations will be chosen based on where the majority of the participants live, so please register early!)
- Tyndale University, winter 2025 – https://www.tyndale.ca/seminary/wesley-studies/courses
- FMC-USA NEW! Anytime on Pathwright (multiple instructor choices).
- Self-paced, up to 8 months to complete OR 16-week intensive version, select Instructor Vaughan
- Central Christian College online, 6 weeks, asynchronous – deadlines to apply:
- January 1, 2024 (course runs Jan 9- Feb 17)
- September 15, 2024 (course runs Sep 30 – Nov 10)
- January 1, 2025 (course runs Jan 6 – Feb 16)
- Northeastern Seminary at Roberts Wesleyan University
This Course will investigate the life and times of John and Charles Wesley, and the unique practical and theological contributions they made to Christendom, with particular focus on the doctrines of Salvation and the work of grace.
WHY SUCH A COURSE?
The theology of John and Charles Wesley was developed in response to a Church which was both unwilling and unable to meet the desperate need in the surrounding culture. Far from a merely intellectual exercise, Wesleyan theology shaped their ministry and efforts to bring renewal and revival to the Anglican Church. Although much has changed since the 1700s, Wesleyan theology can still guide the Church today.
This course will also help prepare lay ministers for the interviews with the Ministerial Education Guidance and Placement (MEGaP) committee to become a Ministerial Candidate, the first step toward credentialed ministry in The Free Methodist Church in Canada.
At the conclusion of this course, the student should:
- Be able to articulate a theological perspective from a Wesleyan worldview (eg. how Wesleyan Theology should inform our approach to evangelism; creation care, etc.).
- Be able to understand and articulate Wesleyan Theological emphases in common language (atonement, Christian perfection, holiness, etc).
- Be able to personally discern: Do I resonate with Wesleyan Theology and how will I both teach and practice it?
- Be able to engage with the various means of grace.
You will find other helpful information on this website regarding credentialed ministry in The Free Methodist Church in Canada™ under the “Leadership Development” section.
TO REGISTER ONLINE FOR THIS COURSE, CLICK HE
TO REGISTER BY PHONE OR FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
905-848-2600 ext 405