These fundamental beliefs and principles guide our movement. They serve as a compass, shaping our decisions, actions, and interactions with others. Core values represent what is important to us, reflecting our ethics, priorities, and the qualities we strive to embody. These values are deeply ingrained and influence our behaviour, helping us maintain integrity, pursue meaningful goals, and create a sense of purpose and identity.
- All persons are made in the image of God and possess intrinsic worth.
- All persons have a need to know Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord.
- All persons can be saved and begin a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- All persons have their own gifts to contribute to the kingdom.
- The Christian community is the foundation for the growth of the Kingdom of God on earth.
- The Christian community is the primary context for developing believers.
- The Christian community is to minister in Jesus’ name to all people.
- The Christian community is to worship and serve God.
- Teamwork demonstrates the diversity of spiritual gifts and personal competencies within the church.
- Teamwork recognizes our dependence on God and each other.
- Teamwork maximizes the leadership resources of the church.
- Teamwork builds Christian community.
- Free Methodists share a common theology, membership covenant, and leadership system.
- Free Methodists co-operate with other parts of the Christian church in redemptive endeavours
and political response.
- Free Methodists build healthy inter-congregational cooperation, celebration and support.
- Free Methodists affirm diverse approaches to accomplish our common vision and mission.
- Integrity is grounded in the character of God.
- Integrity establishes a framework for all relationships.
- Integrity guides all strategies, actions and programs.
- Integrity ensures the appropriate use of time, money, and energy.
- Learning leads to excellence.
- Learning leads to creativity.
- Learning leads to faithfulness to biblical essentials.
- Learning increases skill.
- The Scriptures call for every church to grow.
- The Scriptures call for the evangelization of the unreached.
- The Scriptures call for every Christian to grow in grace and knowledge of Christ.
- The Scriptures call for every Christian to participate in the growth of the church.
- God is generous to all. Becoming more like Him, we extend God’s love through
generosity to others.
- Generosity is grace-enabled as we trust God in all circumstances.
- Generosity is a source of joy and blessing as we join God in His ministry.
- Generosity glorifies God.