Defining a Continuing Education Unit
One Continuing Education Unit (CEU) is twenty-four (24) contact hours of participation in an organized continuing education experience under qualified supervision that meets: a. the professional development needs identified in a performance appraisal and b. health/growth needs identified by the minister in consultation with the Network Leader. CEUs are documented events that are reported to the Credentialing Coordinator for tracking. CEU report forms: Word format PDF format Calculation of contact hours may include the following elements:
- In-class time with direct participation between the learner and instructor.
- Activities in which there is no onsite instructor present, such as, supervised independent study, computer-assisted instruction, or project-based assignments may be counted if they meet the criteria.
- Field experience, laboratory assignments, and projects, if they are sufficiently structured to meet the criteria.
- a one day conference, i.e. Regional Gathering (9 am-4 pm) = 6 hours (excludes breaks, meals)
- a 3-day conference = 18 hours (6 hours each day)
- Ministers’ Conference = 6 hours of learning/teaching/training
- Missions Trip (7-10 days with pre-trip orientation, guided discussion throughout the trip and post-trip debriefing) = 24 hours
- General Conference Sunday workshops = 1 hour each (the General Conference itself is considered a ‘business meeting’ and not training)
- Network Leader annual training = number of hours of learning/teaching/training
- National MEGaP training = number of hours where learning/teaching/training takes place (excludes policy discussions, The Manual edits, breaks, meal times, etc.)
- Network meeting = number of hours where learning/teaching/training takes place (excludes check-ins, meal times, etc.)
- Sabbatical = number of hours where learning/teaching/training takes place in a directed study/reading format guided by someone working with you
- A course at a college, university or seminary = 24 hours for auditing; 72 hours for completing a three-credit hour course
- FMCiC Foundational courses = 24 hours for auditing; 72 hours for completing assignments
- Teaching a course = number of hours for preparation plus hours of actual teaching
- Leading a Network training session = number of hours for preparation plus hours of actual leading the training session(s)