1. The society shall meet at least annually at a time and place to be determined by the society or official board. The annual meeting shall be announced at least 30 days in advance. Absentee voting is not permitted.
2. The pastor (or, in his/her absence or refusal to do so, the majority of the official board) may call a special meeting of the society when in their judgment the interests of the church require it.
3. Special meetings shall be announced at least 30 days in advance, except in emergency situations. A special meeting may only consider the limited list of agenda items specified in the announcement.
4. Either the pastor (without vote) or the chairperson of the official board may chair the society meeting. In the absence of the pastor, or the board chairperson, members present may elect a chairperson pro-tem by ballot.
5. Minutes of society meetings shall be kept in the minute book of the official board.
6. Robert’s Rules of Order in the latest edition shall be the standard of parliamentary procedure. Unless otherwise specified, “elect” or “election” in this chapter means a simple majority vote (50% plus one) by show of hands, voice, ballot or other manner determined by the local church. Tellers may be appointed to distribute materials and count ballots.
7. When The Manual gives the society the option to elect personnel or to empower the official board to do so, the society may so empower the official board by action taken annually or by standing policy.