We would like to congratulate Philip Kay for having received « The Admissions Officer of the Year » award from the NACCAP (North American Coalition for Christian Admissions Professionals). Phil won the award in recognition for an outstanding admissions/counseling officer at Tyndale University College and Seminary where he serves as Senior Director of Admissions and Marketing.
The nomination came from a member of Phil’s staff:
« I cannot express how deeply I appreciate Phil and his level of excellence in his leadership in the admissions department. He has developed the department and its staff to a family that cares for one another, and get the job done with care and passion. He is a great leader who teaches by example. Not only has he trained the staff to offer excellent counseling and discernment for potential students, by he has developed/fine tuned a system for admissions that is incredible. The work that Phil has done allows us to have increased our enrollment at an average of over 20% year after year.
What I appreciate about Phil:
- He is dedicated to his family and a great Dad
- He cares for his fellow admissions staff, not only looking at the numbers, but concerned about our Spiritual and personal lives
- He is a computer whiz, allowing us to do our work better through excellent technology
- He is a great networker, and he actively supports the admissions work of other colleges in our region. He knows that if other colleges succeed then it is kingdom growth and a blessing to all of us.
- He is creative and dedicated
- He seeks to develop his staff, knowing that a well-trained and cared for staff leads to a healthy and Godly environment, as well as success in our tasks
- He is very Christ-like in his approach to life and work, not seeking the limelight, but setting the example of a servant/leader
It is an honour to work with Phil, and we look forward to developing the school and growing the kingdom of God together. »
Phil Kay commented after receiving the award, « I feel very honoured and humbled at the same time. I believe I was eligible for this award due to God putting me at an institution where He clearly has a plan for growth and has put a fantastic staff in place to make the growth happen. It seems like this might be the first time this award has been given to a person working at a Canadian institution. It has been thrilling to work in a place where God is so clearly leading. We have much to be thankful for at Tyndale and it is gratifying to be recognized for participating in that work. I am very appreciative of these kind words and also take them as a challenge to continue to do better in all areas. »